Over 2000 views!
Thanks so much guys!
At my school, we have a Technology Mandatory course, which is, as the name says, mandatory. We were told this term (term 4) to create a clock. My first choice- a NES Controller.
1. Create design on computer ( I made a draft on Google Sketchup, create final in AutoCad)
2. Find ideal wood pieces- I had to glue 2 together, then thin them to the same width
3. Cut right dimensions
4. Using a laser printer, raster on design
5. Create button outlines ( I used Microsoft word and Vectorworks, but other programs work OK)
6. Using vector feature on a laser printer, cut out the A and B buttons on red, other buttons on black plastic
7. Cut through wooden base between start and select buttons using 9mm drill to create hole for clock shaft
8. Using plastic glue, glue on buttons
9. Finish off with inserting clock mechanism, gluing on numers.
Controller property of Nintendo, text on clock courtesy of [link]
--------You can find the Instructable for the clock here: [link]